Follow these easy steps to show live captions in your Zoom Meeting:
1. Make sure captions are enabled on your Zoom account by watching this short video:
2. Schedule your Zoom Meeting at https://zoom.us/meeting as you normally would in the “My Meetings” tab and click “Save.” This will automatically bring you to the “Manage My Meeting” view of your meeting. Click the “Start this Meeting” button at the top or bottom of this page:
3. Once you’ve clicked “Start this Meeting”, your next screen will look like this:
Click the “Closed Caption” button located in the menu bar at the bottom of the page. In the box that comes up, click the link for "Use 3rd Party CC". A message will come up saying that the link has been copied to your clipboard. Send the resulting website link to 20/20 Captioning when you are scheduling captioning for your meeting.
* Once you have copied the URL to your clipboard, the website link you provide to 20/20 will be long and start like this: https://wmcc.zoom.us/closedcaption?id=
4. Zoom Captioning then appears at the bottom of your screen and are accessible to your meeting participants by clicking the “CC” icon (the icon will be green once the captioner is ready):
Once your meeting is complete, click “CC” at the bottom of your page before exiting this screen.