2020 Captioning has been a leading provider of remote CART, broadcast and post production captioning services for over 20 years.
Remote CART/CART Services
- CART, or Communication Access Realtime Translation, uses a skilled stenographer using a stenograph machine to "translate" the spoken word to text, enabling the deaf and hard of hearing equal access to fully and actively participate in discussions by reading the English text displayed.
- Text can be viewed on a mobile device, tablet, laptop computer, television monitor or large screen, any device with an internet connection.
- Remote CART is widely used in classrooms, teleconferences, meetings, webinars, seminars, conferences, training sessions and church services.
- 20/20 Captioning can provide captions in Blackboard, Collaborate, Webex, GoToMeeting and many other services.
Questions? Check out our remote CART FAQ's
See a demo of our remote CART software
Video Remote Interpreting
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) uses the same web-based technology that allows virtual meetings, with the addition of an experienced sign language interpreter participating from a remote location. The hearing and deaf participants can be together in the same room or they can each log in remotely — in either case, they just need a webcam and high-speed internet access.
VRI services from 20/20 are:
- Cost-effective, with no fee for last minute requests
- ADA and HIPAA compliant
- Ideal for a remote workforce and virtual/hybrid events
- Accessible in locations where onsite ASL interpreters are not available
- Compatible with your existing video conferencing software
Post Production Captioning
- Look to 20/20 to make your web content accessible to the deaf and hard of hearing, foreign language speakers or viewers in "no audio" environments. With so much content being viewed on-line, your videos can be viewed anywere but without captions, you may be missing out on key audiences. Whether you are streaming live video of a meeting or event, hosting a video on your website, or offering your video on YouTube, we have the tools to max out your audience.
- 20/20 uses only US labor for superior accuracy. With a staff of over 100 experienced transcribers, we have the ability to assign complex or technical content to staff that has expertise in your particular subject area.